2015 to Present Web Developer - Dropbox, San Francisco, Ca
- Primary front-end developer on the "Campus Cup" campaign - one of the first production React applications at Dropbox
- Train peers on React
- Perform 2-6 engineering interviews a week and train peers on interview procedures
- Built a mechanism for serving SVGs which are internationalized at runtime and cached
- Write production code in Python, Javscript ES5 and ES6, and Coffeescript
- Mentor new-hires, including introductory task delegation and weekly progress checkins
- Evangelize and improve tools for responsive development
2014 to 2015 Sr. Front-End Engineer / UX Designer - Stamen Design, San Francisco, Ca
- UX design on client projects as well as caliparks.org
- Data driven sketching and production development using PostGIS, D3, Leaflet, and qGIS
- Direct client contact and management of deliverables
- Spoke publicly and attended events on behalf of Stamen Design
2014 to 2015 Front-End Engineer Contractor - Pop, San Francisco, Ca
- Built a website to market a communication app
2009 to 2013 Sr. Front-End Engineer - Flickr, San Francisco, Ca
- Implemented an engineering project managment process which was adopted by all project teams.
- Designed a process for concordance between Yahoo Where on Earth IDs and Foursquare Venue IDs. This is in use on all Flickr Mobile apps
- Moved flickr.com/map to run on LeafletJS and created a system for displaying map layers based on time taken and geo coordinate of a photo
- Developed Flickr's primary web geotagging interface
- Key contributor in a complete redesign of the Flickr Photo page in 2010
- Involved in architecture decisions for front-end technologies
2007 to 2009 Front-End Engineer - Yahoo!, Burbank, Ca
- Wrote an extension for the YUI Data Table which inserts contextual data as sub rows
- Designed a Front-End unit testing harness for use in a JSP based framework
- Gave talks on the subject of Front-End development to Yahoo! employees
- Created a process for feeding patches from the APT product to the YUI library
- Offer ongoing support and guidance to developers through mail lists and documentation
- Evangelized Web Standards adherence from design to development
- Work with development teams to find practical application of Agile development principals including elements of Scrum and Kanban
2004 to 2007 Markup Engineer - EarthLink, Inc Pasadena, Ca
- Applied knowledge of Agile development concepts to create a Web 2.0 portal that will replace the current EarthLink web portal.
- Key developer of a social bookmarking site. This application was built using the Ruby on Rails framework. RJS and JSON were used to facilitate an AJAX enabled application of Model-view-controller.
2001 to 2004 Production Coordinator - EarthLink, Inc Pasadena, Ca
- Primary web designer for a web site featuring EarthLink's Eco-Challenge team.
- Led an initiative to create a workflow system to manage content update requests for EarthLink's portal products and improve staff efficiency. Acted as primary developer and server support for a PHP and MySQL-based application.
1998 to 2001 Technical Support - EarthLink, Inc Pasadena, Ca
- Supervisor of 11 technical support representatives. Ensured customer satisfaction through direct customer communication and employee development.
- Primary interface developer of a web application suite developed to facilitate communication between 4000 call center employees and corporate communications. This application was developed using ASP and Microsoft Exchange.
1997 to 1998 Web Designer - Career Explorers, Inc Chatsworth, Ca
- Designed and developed primary website of a direct mail catalog.
2005 Agile Web Development with Rails
- Dave Thomas and Mike Clark of Pragmatic Studio
2007 Scrum Team Training