To pursue a position that will apply and enhance my web standards experience. Focus my understanding of user interaction to create engaging and innovative web interfaces.
2009 to Present Front-End Engineer - Flickr by Yahoo! San Francisco, Ca
- Key contributor in the architecture and development of the redesigned Flickr Photo page
- Developed a templateing system for HTML emails. This system was immediately put into use in 60 emails
- Lead front-end development for the next generation of reverse geolocation on Flickr
- Developed a PHP library which enables the Yahoo! map API to host tiles specific to a photo's location, language, and year taken
- Worked directly with users to identify and resolve bugs via the official product forum and twitter
- Manage the official Flickr Github account
- Received two company-wide awards for my work on the Flickr Photo Page redesign including Yahoo!'s Super Star award
- Responsible for daily production deployment of my code
- Contributor on Flickr's photography and development blogs
2007 to 2009 Front-End Engineer - Yahoo!, Burbank, Ca
- Wrote an extension for the YUI Data Table which inserts contextual data as sub rows
- Designed a Front-End unit testing harness for use in a JSP based framework
- Gave talks on the subject of Front-End development to Yahoo! employees
- Created a process for feeding patches from the APT product to the YUI library
- Offer ongoing support and guidance to developers through mail lists and documentation
- Evangelized Web Standards adherence from design to development
- Work with development teams to find practical application of Agile development principals including elements of Scrum and Kanban
2004 to 2007 Markup Engineer - EarthLink, Inc Pasadena, Ca
- Applied knowledge of Agile development concepts to create a Web 2.0 portal that will replace the current EarthLink web portal.
- Key developer of a social bookmarking site. This application was built using the Ruby on Rails framework. RJS and JSON were used to facilitate an AJAX enabled application of Model-view-controller.
2001 to 2004 Production Coordinator - EarthLink, Inc Pasadena, Ca
- Primary web designer for a web site featuring EarthLink's Eco-Challenge team.
- Led an initiative to create a workflow system to manage content update requests for EarthLink's portal products and improve staff efficiency. Acted as primary developer and server support for a PHP and MySQL-based application.
1998 to 2001 Technical Support - EarthLink, Inc Pasadena, Ca
- Supervisor of 11 technical support representatives. Ensured customer satisfaction through direct customer communication and employee development.
- Primary interface developer of a web application suite developed to facilitate communication between 4000 call center employees and corporate communications. This application was developed using ASP and Microsoft Exchange.
1997 to 1998 Web Designer - Career Explorers, Inc Chatsworth, Ca
- Designed and developed primary website of a direct mail catalog.
2005 Agile Web Development with Rails
- Dave Thomas and Mike Clark of Pragmatic Studio
2007 Scrum Team Training